Monday, July 9, 2012

search me


Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24 [NIV]

This above psalm is such a beautiful psalm. Actually there’s a lot of these beautiful psalms. But I think this is just one of the many.

I think it’s beautiful because it is completely something a humble person would honestly say to God, in their prayer time.
It’s saying to God that He needs to search us, as in to examine us and know what’s in our hearts.
It’s praying boldly that we want God to test us and to know our anxious thoughts [or whatever is in our thoughts].
And to see if there is anything offensive – which needs to also be addressed.
And through this, to continue to be led to His way, forever.

I think it’s a great prayer or psalm. Something to say to God.

Many times we just go to God without speaking with honesty about what’s going on in our hearts.
Every day there is actually something that we need to come clean to God about.
So a simple prayer for God to search us, know our hearts, test us, know our thoughts, and to see if there’s anything niggling at our minds, hearts and us.
There’s something everyday, because we aren’t perfect and we will always fall short of the glory of God [because we’re sinners, we WILL let God down]. But once you’ve established that, and through sanctification [knowing we can’t change but only God can change us, through His Grace and blood, in order to become holy THROUGH Him.]

I like it because it’s not only like a prayer to God; but it can also be a reminder that God is all knowing, but we should still come before Him, humbly. It’s a reminder to US that we need God. We DO offend Him, and acknowledging that we offend Him causes us to deal with the issues between us and God.
It’s reminding us that we can easily fool ourselves into believing we’re good. But the truth is, God knows us better than what we know of ourselves. So for God to search us, is reminding us that we need to be under close scrutiny from God. We need to be truly examined. And with that we can humbly walk with Christ, being led in His way.

I like this verse. Join with me to meditate using this psalm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment