Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Daily goodness

“Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.”
Psalm 23:6 NLT

I once wrote in my journal about a crazy day. I re-read it recently and got re-encouraged about how God provides goodness, on such a daily basis.
But on that particular day, the goodness just kept coming.
I want to share with you that journal entry:

Thursday 21st July, 11:27am
Yesterday was such a wonderful, wonderful day.
OK- it started out early due to the pitter patter of rain on the roofs. But after that, I watched half of the X-men movie over lunch (which I couldn’t be bothered to venture out to get), so I made noodles at home and added kimchi, twas good!
Then off to work, which was OK! My boss gave me this really really yummy raisin bread that reminded me of home, and I appreciated getting free bread.


After work, went home to finish off the rest of X-men movie. Then went off to go tutor Maggie’s kids. I didn’t want to ride my scooter for fear of rain, so I decided--why not walk to the MRT (underground train) station. Walking there ended up longer than expected, slow because of the red lights, and me not being able to cross the road etc. I guess it had been a long time since I had walked to the MRT station. And just when I thought I was going to be late, I bump into Mavis! She was on her scooter! And so she asked where I was going, and told me to hop on, and she ended up riding me, just down the road, to the MRT stop! That was such a miracle!
Which meant I got to Maggie’s place on time. After tutoring her kids (actually they were pretty quick and eager to learn today!) Maggie gave me two pears--which was super nice.


Then I went back on the MRT to go to ORTV.
I was waiting at the platform when someone tapped me on the shoulder and it was Christine! Which was a super nice surprise seeing her on the off chance! 
We chatted before the next train came and for that one stop distance [then I had to get off]. It was just super sweet to see her and what a great coincidence!


Off to ORTV and it was good too, despite it just being me leading the bible study--I didn’t mind cos it was a great day! Birdy came back from Australia and came back with some kangaroo crisps--a multi-pack, And inside were packets containing many flavours, but one flavour caught my attention: it was salt and vinegar flavoured crisps--which got me super excited!! They were SO good!


Then after ORTV, Pei asked if I wanted to go buy a dress right now (she had offered a while ago to take me shopping, because I complimented her about her dresses, and asked her where she gets those amazing designs from]. So Pei asked me if I was free to go shopping, and I thought about it and agreed! So off we went! Turns out she looks for big designs then gets them tailored and altered to fit her! So that is what we did! And the amazing and crazy thing was, was that she wanted to buy me a dress as a gift! Paying for the dress, and paying for the alteration so that it fits my body! Amazing! I’m super super thankful for that!


I walked back to the train station because I decided I wanted to catch a bus directly home. I bumped into Sue and Pete on the way walking back from the train station (they were going home from ORTV), and it was nice to chat a little with them...
It was such a great day! I didn’t even get rained on when going home either!
Honestly, yesterday was such a day of blessing and I’ve only got God to thank, because it felt like God’s love and blessings were pouring down through a lot of people.
But really, yesterday felt like I had downed a bottle of Liquid Luck (from Harry Potter!!! haha).


(Then after two days I realised why...)
I was amazed when I got reminded of my blessings recently:
- My boss gave me bread > a reminder that God will always feed me.
- Mavis gave me a scooter ride to the MRT station > a reminder that God will always provide a way.
- Birdy gave me the taste of salt and vinegar > a reminder that God is sending me home, and so I can have my British fix!
- Pei gave me a dress > a reminder than God will always clothe me.
- At the ORTV bible study, we looked at Zacchaeus > because God wanted to teach the others, and more obviously me, about trusting God for money.
- Bumping into Christine, then Sue and Pete, them giving me encouragement > a reminder that God will always provide words of affirmation when I need it the most.


It was certainly a great day. That day, it felt like it was just good coincidences But it wasn’t until the day after--I got worried for the future, and got discouraged. But then I re-read the previously good day’s entry and realised God was trying to tell me something.
That whatever happens, God’s goodness and unfailing love will always be with me everyday.
And it took all day of good blessings for me to figure it out. And what’s cool was, God covered all aspects of things. From bread, to clothing, to transport, to money, to encouragement... and more!

Can’t help it, but who could not want to follow a God like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment